A nomination can only be considered valid when the following criteria are met:
1. The nominee must be an organization or individual as appropriate for the category
2. People and organizations can nominate themselves or be nominated by a third party
3. The WAF Council may invite people or organizations to nominate themselves, without guarantee or prejudice
4. Nominations must include all relevant information for validation and confirmation
5. The nominee’s product owner or equivalent representative acknowledges and agrees to participate in the recognition event
6. The basis for the nomination must have started between January 2018 and December 2019
7. The nominee’s validation for their claim to agility can be through the Agile Manifesto, the Three Laws of Agile, the Heart of Agile, the Scrum values and principles or other widely accepted definition of Agility
8. The nominee must send a 2-3 min video that includes:
1. Testimonials to and explanation of their path to agility
2. The value and benefits obtained by becoming more Agile
The World Agility Forum is an event to celebrate and showcase genuine agility around the world. It is not an event for agile or management consultancy companies to promote their successes.
Consulting companies may apply if they are showcasing an internal transformation or community service. Other exceptions may be approved by the WAF Council.
Validation and Confirmation
The nominees recognized at the event will be selected by the World Agility Forum (WAF) Jury, for each category. The Jury may recognize more than nomination or may choose not to recognize any nomination. The WAF Jury will validate the information in the nominee form and consolidate it with other complementary documentation. The nominee (or point of contact) will be contacted within the following 30 days to ensure completeness of information before proceeding to the next steps. Nominations that do not qualify will be notified. The process and criteria used to validate all nominations will be consistent across all participating organisations and individuals. Selection will be based on:
- The information provided with the nomination (including any answers to additional clarifications requested)
- The video explaining their motivation and story. The video must include testimonials and and explanation of their path to agility, including the value and benefits that the organization or individual obtained by becoming more Agile.
What do you get by participating? What you get if you win? In both cases, credibility for your organization, recognition from your peers, and visibility on a world stage. Having your nomination accepted or receiving an award is first and foremost a recognition of the great work you have been doing. You will be invited to participate in the Gala celebration dinner to participate in the awards ceremony, networking events and photo opportunities. You get to call yourself “World Agility Forum Nominee™” in your category and year if your nomination is accepted, and “World Agility Forum Winner™” in your category and year if you win. As an award winner, you will be invited to speak at the following year’s Experience Agile event. Last by not least, award winners and nominees receive an attractive, commemorative plaque that recognizes their achievement.