Organization that has embraced small, self-organized teams to realize customer value.
Customer Service Leader
Organization that has embraced customer-centricity to realize new opportunities.
Organization that has accelerated the flow of information throughout the organization to better recognize and react to changing markets.
Overall Transformational Initiative
Organization that has visibly transformed itself at all levels through the application of the Agile mindset.
Organization that is making a difference beyond its own borders, in its community, its country or the world.
Design and Creative Agility
Organization that has embraced agility in the creation of visual other creative products, e.g. fashion, music, entertainment.
Individual in a senior leadership role who has embraced the Agile mindset and lead by example in his or her organization.
Individual whose life’s work has contributed to the development of Agility within or beyond its roots in the software development community. (* this specific award is only defined and chosen by the council of the World Agility Forum).
A nomination can only be considered valid when the following criteria are met:
1. The nominee must be an organization or individual as appropriate for the category
2. People and organizations can nominate themselves or be nominated by a third party
3. The WAF Council may invite people or organizations to nominate themselves, without guarantee or prejudice
4. Nominations must include all relevant information for validation and confirmation
5. The nominee’s product owner or equivalent representative acknowledges and agrees to participate in the recognition event
6. The basis for the nomination must demonstrate progress between January 2018 and December 2019
7. The nominee’s validation for their claim to agility can be through the Agile Manifesto, the Three Laws of Agile, the Heart of Agile, the Scrum values and principles or other widely accepted definition of Agility
8. The nominee must send a 2-3 min video that includes:
1. Testimonials to and explanation of their path to agility
2. The value and benefits obtained by becoming more Agile
The World Agility Forum is an event to celebrate and showcase genuine agility around the world. It is not an event for agile or management consultancy companies to promote their successes.
Consulting companies may apply if they are showcasing an internal transformation or community service. Other exceptions may be approved by the WAF Council.
Validation and Confirmation
The nominees recognized at the event will be selected by the World Agility Forum (WAF) Jury, for each category. The Jury may recognize more than one nomination or may choose not to recognize any nomination. The WAF Jury will validate the information in the nominee form and consolidate it with other complementary documentation. The nominee (or point of contact) will be contacted within the following 30 days to ensure completeness of information before proceeding to the next steps. Nominations that do not qualify will be notified. The process and criteria used to validate all nominations will be consistent across all participating organisations and individuals. Selection will be based on:
- The information provided with the nomination (including any answers to additional clarifications requested)
- The video explaining their motivation and story. The video must include testimonials and and explanation of their path to agility, including the value and benefits that the organization or individual obtained by becoming more Agile.
What is required from a nominee for this event?
- Submit the candidate nominee form providing some organizational, initiative, contact information
- Prepare a 2 min. video explaining the motivation for this recognition and your path/journey towards Agility
- If attending the event – prepare a speech of 5 min. maximum
- If not attending the event – prepare a 3 min. video that we can share with the audience
What is the recognition about?
The World Agility Forum aims to recognize organizations and individuals for their effort, commitment and dedication through the path of achieving agility or perhaps something even better. It aims to recognize the best European, American, Asian, African and Creative organizations as well as individuals that have Personally driven or dedicated their Lifetime to the path of achieving agility.
What is expected out of the video requested?
The idea is to provide a brief introduction or explanation on your motivation in reaching agility and sharing some details or parts of your story on your path/journey (e.g., challenges, and successes, outcome, part of the organization/number of people involved, etc.) The video should be no longer than 2 min. and in english (at least subtitles)
Why are we invited to apply for this recognition?
The path/journey towards agility has been (and still is) a big challenge for most organizations, and very few have been able to persist, benefit and be successful. Someone believes your organizations has been a reference for the effort and commitment on achieving something better through agility, therefore we understand these examples deserve to be internationally recognized within the presence of other great organizations with similar paths and knowledgeable, experienced professionals in the area
What other organizations are also invited?
There are organizations as candidate nominees from all of the world (Europe, America, Asia, Africa). We cannot disclose who they are at the moment
Can you provide more details for this event?
The event will be held in Lisbon, Portugal. In addition to the talks and panels, there will be a gala dinner in which the recognitions will be presented, surrounded by many well known thought-leaders in the industry. Please bear in mind the dress code – cocktail dress for the ladies, black tie for gentleman
What do you get by participating? What you get if you win? In both cases, credibility for your organization, recognition from your peers, and visibility on a world stage. Having your nomination accepted or receiving an award is first and foremost a recognition of the great work you have been doing. You will be invited to participate in the Gala celebration dinner to participate in the awards ceremony, networking events and photo opportunities. You get to call yourself “World Agility Forum Nominee™” in your category and year if your nomination is accepted, and “World Agility Forum Winner™” in your category and year if you win. As an award winner, you will be invited to speak at the following year’s Experience Agile event. Last by not least, award winners and nominees receive an attractive, commemorative plaque that recognizes their achievement.
We have a strong ethics statement to avoid conflict of interest. Jury members are required sign the ethics statement. They must recuse themselves if there is any conflict of interest, even a personal one. The President of the Jury is a member of the WAF council, organizes the jury, but does not normally vote. Only if the Jury cannot decide, the President of the Jury casts the deciding vote. If the President of the Jury has to recuse, the Chairman of the WAF council casts the deciding vote.
Jury members are expected to be recognized, authentic leaders of the agile communities they represent. The WAF strives for diversity of viewpoint, geography and gender when selecting the members of the Jury.
Last Year Nominations
How many organizations applied?
Why those firms received the awards?
These organizations are aligned with the mindset, values, principles and demonstrate the maturity to apply them., unlike “the gap between aspiration and reality has led to a vast number of managers, consultants, and coaches claiming to be agile and offering to help firms become agile. Quite a few firms also have CEOs who are asking, “Why aren’t we agile?” - Steve Denning
What issues were encountered?
- Organizations/Managers that tried to sell their transformation
- Senior Consultants that tried to nominate their work through the name of their customer